Friday, September 12, 2008

Let's Bomb the Russians Too

If you were not frightened earlier, you should be after the Charlie Gibson interview....which could have aired on primetime as "Dancing with Sarah Palin."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oNPGnZurs1k

I encourage everyone to watch Part 1 of the recent ABC interview. Candidate Palin just showed the entire viewing public that she really hasn't a clue about foreign affairs, let alone our current administration's policies.

At one point, Charlie asks her what her interpretation of the Bush Doctrine is.

"His world view?" she responds, testily.

Well...not exactly. Charlie proceeds to spoon feed her. At that point I am squirming with utter discomfort - not for her mind you - but for the rest of us. A cold shiver ran down my spine. You could almost see her saying to herself "Oh...you mean that pre-emptive strike thing."

She not only made hardline statements about how we should conduct foreign policy, but just about threatened conflict with Russia. In the meantime, she really never answered any of the national security questions, instead dancing around and deflecting to "energy independence."

Yes Sarah, we ALL know you recognize what OIL is. Now it's time to find out what DIPLOMACY is.

Well done, Candidate Palin.

p.s. My condolences to the team that coached her before this interview. They probably just lost their jobs.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Never before had I donated to a political campaign, but that changed the morning after her speech at the convention.

McCain/Palin is a terrifying combination of lies and bombast, and just showing up to vote isn't going to cut it for me this time around...I've got to get more involved.

Anonymous said...

I have had to avoid the news for the last few weeks because I can't believe that half the country is energized by her being on the ticket. It's just another example of pushing the buttons that get people excited... abortion, family values, hunting wolves from planes!

I seriously think she has a learning deficiency... albeit one that let's her be functional, with a reasonable vocabulary.

oikoumene said...

Nice to see some traffic this morning!

I am utterly disgusted with politics in America right now. The vitriol is overflowing.

Politics have never exactly been palatable in my relatively short lifetime, but seriously, this GOP campaign could be seen as trying to polish the brown out of a steaming turd!

The sad truth is that people are defending her from the most valid of attacks, despite the point that is trying to be made. Why? Because I feel the American voter largely suffers from "collective ignorance". And the GOP knows EXACTLY who it's targetting.

Amy said...

I also contributed to the Obama campaign immediately after watching the republican convention.

I thought she'd be toast after I saw a bit of the Charles Gibson interview on YouTube... but there are quite a few positive comments from voters who seem truly impressed by her performance. Horrifying.